Which type of loan makes the most sense for me? There are a lot of different types of loans that you can use in order to purchase a home - let's look at the basic 3 options that are available -
What's the motivation of moving right now?
Dated: June 3 2021
What's the Motivation of Moving Right Now?
People are moving for multiple reasons currently - the pandemic being a major part of those reasons, along with the low interest mortgage rates - are getting more people to buy into the "American Dream" of being a homeowner. We spent ALOT of time in our homes these last 15 months so there's been a lot time to reconsider what it is that you need and want in a home - let's take a look at the top 3 reasons:
1. Working from Home - when the pandemic hit last March, many companies made the decision to allow their employees to work from home - even in industries where that typically would NOT be an option, companies figured it out (thanks to all IT departments across the world!!!) - it worked so well that many of those companies have decided to keep the working from home option available even as restrictions have been lifted and people have been vaccinated, both of which would allow employees a "safe" return back to the workplace. On the company side of things - a lot of businesses have the decision to make on whether they need as much space as they currently have - if their employees work from home the majority of the time...I believe that we will continue seeing a large shift in the commercial real estate world as companies "right size" their space. On the flip side of that - employees have been using make shift offices in their homes - I know that I was between my recliner, kitchen table and the island for a long time last year - then we made the decision to have a desk/storage space built and it is awesome!! The challenge is that many don't have options or the space to dedicate to work space...this makes remote work a bit more challenging (to say the least) so that is a large reason why people are looking to move to get better space options.
2. Room for Fitness and Activities - having the space to maintain a healthy lifestyle at home has increased greatly in the last year - this pertains to both physical AND mental health - a recent survey noted 3 trends that are fast becoming the norm:
* At home fitness equipment being sold was up 50%
* Personal trainers/nutritionists being consulted was up 48%
* Online fitness courses, classes and subscriptions were also up 17%
3. Outdoor Space - especially living in Minnesota, we NEED to get outside when it's not bitter cold - to try to soak up as much of that Vitamin D that we can - when we were "stuck at home" there was a big movement for people to start their own gardens (I'm guilty of this! We made 3 raised garden beds last year and have now expanded to 5!) so they could grown what veggies, fruits and herbs interested them. Outdoor kitchens also became more popular to create within this last year. Last, but certainly not least, people are looking for secluded spaces to enjoy and relax in - maybe sitting by a fire at night or relaxing on a couch watching an outdoor television (or the stars coming out at night) - - our "space" is very important to us and privacy is at a premium these days.
There you have it - top 3 reasons that people are on the move - if you are looking to "right size" or find that perfect home for you - please let us know - we are happy to help you on your journey!!!
Call Mike at 612-685-0927 or Becki at 952-220-5872
With Mike's background in construction/real estate and Becki's marketing experience in the physical therapy world, the two joined forces to create the ultimate team, both in real estate and in their f....